Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Colorado Friends, Wedding, and Mountains

Andy and I were lucky to have a weekend visitor in Denver! It's been a while since we've hosted an out of town guest (well, a few weeks at least!). My dear friend from college, Katie, was in town from Washington D.C for our friends Heather & Noah's wedding. 
 


Katie introduced Andy & I to H&N almost exactly a year ago when she came out to visit. The four of us become fast Denver friends and we've enjoyed a lot of fun Denver nights together, like this Sunday Funday. Andy and I were stoked when we got the save the date for what we knew would be their flawless and totally fun fall wedding day. I mean, check out the sweet, rustic Lutheran church they got married in (the groom's dad and the couple's best buddy are both pastors and tag-teamed the ceremony - so sweet) and the classy barn with the artistic couple's (they both studied art in college) touches all over it. Plus, they had an excellent local beer selection AND a photo booth!

A special surprise from the officiants: Bride and groom get to do a five minute sketch of one another mid-ceremony!
 






Sunday afternoon I had to say an early goodbye to Katie since I was out the door to the mountains for an overnight work event. Andy, Katie, and I managed to sneak in a hike at Red Rocks before I headed west leaving Andy and Katie to enjoy the carefree vacation night in Denver. Which, based on the photos texted and Snapchatted to me, they had a blast grabbing dinner and drinks with Shelly! 

Fast friends :o)

 

 

While I was so bummed to head out of town on a Sunday again, I gotta admit these Rockies sure make up for the weekend work!




So windy. So cold.


I hope it was a great, colorful fall weekend for you!

-Breanna

No comments: