Tuesday, April 14, 2015

All in a Weekend: Boise, Denver, Ice Cream, Coffee, Wine, and More

I spent Friday in Boise, ID. Which, originally I was thinking how disappointing it was going to be to spend a Friday night alone in Boise, but in reality found myself super pleasantly surprised with the city. I decided the evening would be even better with some ice cream and went to Goody's, not too far from my place. In addition to some out-of-this-world chocolate truffle raspberry ice cream, I was treated to a live jazz trio performing on the patio. How's that for an amazing discovery? I gotta say, Boise, you impress me.



A good, old fashioned candy shop, too!

Ice cream counters were made for kids to enjoy.

In hindsight, I ordered too much.

<3

Saturday I presented scholarships at the Idaho state FCCLA competition awards ceremony, which was the main reason for my Idaho trip. At Johnson & Wales University, we offer university scholarships and programs for students who were involved in FCCLA in high school, so we try to have a presence at state competitions when we can. Following the ceremony, I headed to a coffee shop downtown Boise to kill some time and enjoy the lovely local culture. I do love spending an afternoon reading in a coffee shop!






I flew home Saturday mid-afternoon, and Andy's sis-in-law was visiting Denver from Chicago and staying with us for the evening. We grabbed some drinks and all caught-up all night and, man, that's what Saturdays are about.



The lovely Kristin, loving Denver life! And we loved having her <3

Shelly and Kevin had us, and their friend Andrew, over for a delicious Sunday night southern-inspired grill-out. Our favorites: Good friends, food, and drinks!



Wait! Don't stop pouring, Kevin, I gotta get the picture! (You're welcome, Shelly ;o) ) 

THESE DOGS!

Phew! What a weekend! 

-Breanna

No comments: