Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Weekend of Ups and Downs

Friday I had a lovely - ahem, four hour - lunch with my friend Shelly. Yay for a day off work! We went to the local jazz club to enjoy music, food, and drinks. After post-lunch beers at a new brewery in Denver, we decided to keep the fun rolling and Shelly and her husband Kevin came to Andy and my place for the evening. Now, something about Shelly and Kevin: They love Ella. And Ella loves them. Like, Ella whimpers while nuzzling her head into them (which she has never done for anyone else) and practically flips somersaults when they walk in. So it was a night of drinks, good friends, Cards Against Humanity, and Ella reuniting with her favorite humans.

Clearly the feeling is mutual between Kevin and Ella.




Saturday. Well Saturday was super boring, guys. Ok, if I'm being honest, I'll be honest: I pretty much sat around on Facebook and Buzzfeed. All. Day.

I exaggerate a bit. I made Andy breakfast (I tried out this recipe but with potatoes instead of mushrooms - yum!) and we made popcorn for dinner and watched some movies. But in between, Facebook and Buzzfeed City.


























I'm always a bit sad on holidays to be so far away from family and all our special traditions. So as my family of adult cousins were fighting each other in the family Easter egg hunt, Andy and I biked to our local cafe, Krameria, for our own Easter brunch. 

It was supposed to rain Sunday afternoon, so we made plans to go to the local independent film center to see "Mistaken for Strangers", a documentary about the band The National. The sun ended up holding out - hooray! - so we still kept our plans, but hopped on our bikes for the two or so mile ride there. It was still nice enough when we left the theater to bike to a patio bar for some beers to talk about the movie (gotta love Denver weather!).




I have a busy week ahead of me! I've already been to the mountains once for work, and am heading back with Andy late this week through the weekend and early next week. Have a great week!

By the way, when I say that I'm going to the mountains, that's a 2-4 hour drive, so not a small trip!

-Breanna

No comments: