Thursday, May 8, 2014

Secrets On Our Lips

Andy and I love Astronautalis, a hip-hop artist from Minneapolis. You may remember that we went to his show in Denver back in late March and, as always, were blown away by his performance.

Since then I dove into his most recent album more. Ok, that's an understatement. I listened to it in my car non-stop for about a month after the show, and I travel in my car a lot for work. One song, 'Secret On Our Lips', stood out to me as my favorite and much of my non-stop enjoyment was this song over-and-over-and-over. I have always been partial to the slower songs on albums (refer to my K-Ci & JoJo years) and songs with passion in the lyrics and the performer's voice. This song struck me on both those points and even after, most likely, triple digit listens, I still enjoy it each time.

Recently Astronautalis posted a new version of the song where it's stripped down a bit and performed with some horn and woodwind musicians from Eau Claire. I love what's happening in the Midwest with music! Take a listen to both versions below.

First the album version:



Then the live horn and woodwind version:


Arco Sessions: Astronautalis "Secrets On Our Lips" from Peter Elliott Eaton on Vimeo.


So, what do you think? Which version do you prefer?

-Breanna

No comments: